Remote Virtual Learning
Meriwether county has many challenges when it comes to remote learning. The biggest is internet connectivity. A very small footprint of the county has broadband or even cellular service. So, if remote learning is chosen, we will ask that you setup a meeting with your school to determine the best plan for you. There is no one set plan because there are so many different situations. We are asking you to make a decision by August 4th. There is a commitment form to sign and then meet with your school to determine the best program for your student. We will customize a program for your child. While it would be great for everyone to use google classroom and interactive remote learning, that is not possible with everyone due to the restrictions of internet connectivity in Meriwether county. We have scholarships available for devices and/or internet connectivity (where available). But regardless, we will find a plan that works for your child. A few items with remote learning are:
· We prefer they are on task 7:30 -3:30.
· Grades K through 8th – 9 week commitment
· Grades 9 -12 – semester commitment
· We will encourage parents to be more involved.
· with a remote learning commitment form, we will look at individual needs and customize to meet those needs. Parents are expected to be an integral part of learning
· Please contact us regardless if after the cut off date or not.
Click the link below to access the 2020-2021 MCSS Remote Learning Commitment Form:
Please complete the form by 5:00 p.m. on August 4, 2020. If the deadline has passed, please contact Meriwether Board of Education at (706) 441-0601 or your student(s) school. If you have any questions or need assistance with this process, please call the school at 770-927-6488.